Clare is currently working as a Research Assistant on the Modern Foreign Languages research project: ‘ Consolidating the evidence base for MFL curriculum, pedagogy and assessment reform at GCSE: An investigation of pupils’ and teachers’ views’.
Clare joined the Department of Education as a Research Assistant in March 2016 following completion of a PGCE in Modern Foreign Languages at the Department of Education, Oxford. She has worked on a number of different research projects:
- Pedagogical Assessment Framework ‘PAF’ (John Fell Fund) Mar 2016- Sep 2016
- French Reading project ‘FLEUR’ – French Language Education: Unlocking Reading (Nuffield) Sep 2016 – Aug 2018
- ISOTIS ‘Inclusive Education and Social Support to Tackle Inequality in Society’ (EU) Mar 2018 – July 2018
- Paired Reading RCT pilot (ESRC) July 2018 – April 2019.
- Evaluation of the Alex Timpson Attachment and Trauma Programme in Schools Sep 2018-Dec 2019
Clare has a background in Modern Languages having studied French and German at the University of East Anglia. She also trained as a lawyer with a commercial law firm in London.