Liz is a solicitor (non-practising) of over 20 years experience with over 19 years’ experience in higher education.
Liz has published on legal education, blended learning, e-portfolios and legal skills and has wide teaching experience of postgraduate and undergraduate law students and legal apprentices as well as peer training on taxation issues in practice. Liz has also served on the Law Society VAT and Duties Tax Subcommittee for over a decade. Liz is one of a team of authors for OUP’s forthcoming SQE series of texts.
- Comparing legal professional education with education in other professions: what can they teach us? UKCLE Conference 2011. https://ials.sas.ac.uk/ukcle/184.108.40.206/archive/law/learning-in-law-annual-conference/2011/papers/chairs-report-amanda-fancourt.1.html
- Interaction and Reflection: International Review of Law, Computers and Technology 2010 (Polding, Liz, James Catchpole, and Jill Cripps. “Interaction and Reflection: A New Approach to Skills and Accounts Teaching on the Legal Practice Course.” International Review of Law, Computers & Technology 24.1 (2010): 83-92. Web.)
- Interaction and Reflection UKCLE Conference 2009 https://ials.sas.ac.uk/ukcle/220.127.116.11/archive/law/resources/enhancing-learning-through-technology/index.html
- LPC Skills Online OUP 2009 (Polding, Liz., and Jill. Cripps. LPC Skills Online. Oxford: Oxford UP, 2010. Print.)
- E-learning module of the toolkit for teachers for UKCLE 2008 https://ials.sas.ac.uk/ukcle/18.104.22.168/archive/law/resources/guides/index.html
- Delivering blended learning by open source methods. https://ials.sas.ac.uk/ukcle/22.214.171.124/archive/law/resources/enhancing-learning-through-technology/index.html
- Journal of Information Law and Technology UKCLE 2007 (Polding, Liz. “Leading Change – Integrating E-Learning Into an Existing Course.” Legal Information Management 7.1 (2007): 59-63. Web.)
- Getting started with e-portfolios UKCLE 2005 https://ials.sas.ac.uk/ukcle/126.96.36.199/archive/law/resources/personal-development-planning/oxilp/index.html