Siyang has a passion for languages and is interested in how study abroad benefits the vocabulary gains of international students in the UK.
She obtained a BA from Sun Yat-sen University in China and masters from the University of Cambridge and the University of Sydney, specializing in language education. She has taught English in a higher vocational college for a few years in China and has accumulated rich work experiences in the education sector.
- Briggs Baffoe-Djan, J., & Zhou, S. (2019: in progress). Informal language contact and vocabulary learning during study abroad in the UK. In M. Howard (Ed.), Study Abroad and the Second Language Learner: Expectations, Experiences and Development.London: Bloomsbury
- Zhou, S. (2019). “You just picked it up.” Informal language contact and phrasal verb knowledge of international students in the UK. Paper presented at the Second Language Research Forum, Lansing, MI.
- Zhou, S. (2019). The influence of informal language contact on the phrasal verb knowledge of international students in the UK. Paper presented at the Annual Meeting of British Association of Applied Linguistics, Manchester, UK.
- Zhou, S. (2017). A longitudinal study of the English learning motivation of higher vocational students in Sino-foreign programs – A case study of Guangdong Industry Polytechnic. Journal of Educational Development, 613:81-85.
- Zhou, S. (2016). The implication of Dornyei’s motivation theory to the IELTS teaching for higher vocational college students. The Academic Journal of Guangdong Industry Polytechnic, 3:49-52.