Seminar Series award
Wednesday, March 9, 2016
Dr Liam Gearon, Department of Education, University of Oxford, with a multi-institutional/ inter-disciplinary team of researchers has been awarded the 2016 Society for Educational Seminar Series.
The theme of the seminar series is Education, Security and Intelligence Studies.
The award builds on the Guest Edited special issue of the British Journal of Educational Studies on Education, Security and Intelligence Studies, and the Annual Seminar convened in November 2015 at the British Academy (http://www.soc-for-ed-studies.org.uk/).
The grant award will contribute to five nation-wide seminars on the theme of Education, Security and Intelligence Studies. Lead from the University of Oxford’s Department of Education, the team includes: the University of Bath; the University of Buckingham; the University of East London; the Oxford Intelligence Group, Nuffield College, University of Oxford; and the Royal United Services Institute (RUSI), London. Formal notification of each seminar will be made in due course, themes to include:
- Education, Security and Intelligence: National and International Contexts
- Forensic and Open Source Intelligence
- Security and Intelligence Studies and Higher Education
- Security Studies and the Humanities
- Securitising Education to Prevent Terrorism? Freedom of Speech and National Security