This accessibility statement applies to our website, www.education.ox.ac.uk. Our department is committed to the principles of diversity and inclusion, and we want as many people as possible to be able to use this website. This statement reports the conformance of our website to WC3’s Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.1 AA standard.
Summary of accessibility issues
We know that some parts of this website are not fully accessible:
- Some of our pages (e.g. those for our academic programmes) contain a tab structure, but the tabs are not operable by keyboard or if styling is removed;
- Likewise, some of our pages (e.g. those for our individual staff members) contain drop down boxes which are not operable by keyboard;
- When styling is removed, some of our carrousels (those which allow users to browse our people, news, events, and research projects) disappear;
- The same carrousels do not contain descriptive links detectable by assistive technologies;
- When styling is removed, some of the text (which defaults to black) remain on dark coloured backgrounds and thus don’t have sufficient contrast;
- The tiles in some of our carrousels are of a fixed height, such that increasing the line height or paragraph/word/letter spacing significantly will cause the bottom of the text to become cut off;
- PDFs files from before September 2020 are not in an accessible format.
We are currently developing the site to help resolve some of these issues.
If you need information on this website in a different format – such as accessible PDF, large print, easy read, audio recording or braille – please get in touch with us:
Or call +44 (0)1865 274024
We will consider your request and get back to you within 5 working days.
If you cannot view the map on our ‘Contact us’ page, please call or email us for directions.
Reporting accessibility problems
We’re always looking to improve the accessibility of this website. If you find any problems not listed on this page or think we’re not meeting accessibility requirements, please get in touch:
Or call +44 (0)1865 274024
The Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) is responsible for enforcing the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018 (the ‘accessibility regulations’). If you’re not happy with how we respond to your complaint, contact the Equality Advisory and Support Service (EASS).
Technical information about this website’s accessibility
The Department of Education is committed to making its website accessible, in accordance with the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018.
This website is partially compliant with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines version 2.1 AA standard, due to the non-compliances listed above.
Preparation of this accessibility statement
This statement was prepared on 16th September 2020. It was last reviewed on 17th September 2020.
The website was last tested by the Department on 16th September 2020.