Dr Karen Skilling is a mathematics educator and researcher at the Department of Education, University of Oxford.
Her research interests include: student engagement and motivation in mathematics; teacher beliefs and practices for promoting student engagement; mathematics instruction across primary through to secondary years; integrated STEM learning, STEM project based activities; and vignette methods
Karen is a Visiting Fellow at King’s College London.
Karen’s current roles include:
• Departmental Lecturer: teaching, supervision and research with Doctoral, MSc, and PGCE students.
• Deputy Director of Doctoral Research – convene Research Training Seminars
• PGCE Mathematics Lead
• Doctoral Teacher Fellow Coordinator
• STEM Discussion Group co-lead
• SCR Member of St Antony’s College
• Visiting Fellow at King’s College London