International Early Learning and Child Well-being study
Research Group: Families, Effective Learning and Literacy
Research Theme: Theme 1: Language, Cognition and Development
The International Early Learning and Child Well-being Study will:
- Provide robust empirical data on children’s early learning through a broad scope of domains that comprise cognitive and social and emotional development.
- Identify factors that foster and hinder children’s early learning, both at home and in early childhood education programmes.
- Provide findings that will allow parents and caregivers to learn about interactions and learning activities that are most conducive to child development.
- Inform early childhood education centres and schools about skill levels of children at this age as well as contextual factors related to them that they could use to make more informed decisions about curriculums and pedagogical methods.
- Provide researchers and educators in the field of early education with valid and comparable information on children’s early learning, and characteristics obtained from a range of sources and accompanied by a broad scope of contextual variables.
Funder: Department for Education
Start date: 2018
End date: 2020