Early Career Teachers’ Professional Development Day – Cancelled
26th June 2021 : 09:30 - 16:00
Research Group: Teacher Education and Professional Learning
Speaker: Dr Jason Todd
Location: Department of Education, 15 Norham Gardens, Oxford, OX2 6PY
This event has sadly been cancelled due to COVID.
Are you a secondary school teacher in your first few years of teaching? Come along to a day full of fresh ideas and research-informed CPD.
The programme will feature a choice of hands-on workshops and a poster session where practicing teachers will discuss their cutting-edge, subject-specific, classroom-based research.
The choice of workshops to update your knowledge of the latest educational research and its applicability in practice will include:
- Preventing and de-escalating challenging behaviour
- Developing students’ questioning
- Reducing workload through whole-class marking and feedback strategies
- Teaching with objects
- Embedding metacognition-enhancing strategies in classroom practice
- Planning the next steps in your career
With a keynote speech from Dr Jason Todd: Using students’ perspectives to inform pedagogy and curriculum design
Tickets: £30 (including lunch, refreshments and attendance certificate)