Professor Oancea appointed to Norwegian International Advisory Panel
Tuesday, February 21, 2017
Professor Alis Oancea has been appointed to the International Advisory Panel on teacher education reform in Norway, the first meeting of which was held on 13-14 February 2017 in Oslo.
Over two years, the Panel’s remit is to provide advice, recommendations and feedback to primary and lower secondary teacher education institutions, the Norwegian National Council for Teacher Education, the Norwegian Agency for Quality Assurance in Education, and the Ministry of Education. An area of particular attention is that of the importance of research in teacher education across the Norwegian system.
The Panel consists of:
- Professor Marilyn Cochran-Smith, Boston College, USA (Chair)
- Professor Mikael Alexandersson, University of Gothenburg, Sweden
- Dr Karen Hammerness, American Museum of Natural History, USA
- Professor Viv Ellis, King’s College London, United Kingdom
- Associate Professor Lexie Grudnoff, University of Auckland, New Zealand
- Professor Alis Oancea, University of Oxford, United Kingdom
- Docent Auli Toom, University of Helsinki, Finland