Resilience in the national qualifications system in England
What features of England’s examination system that make it vulnerable to failure, particularly in the face of disruptive events?
The aim of this project is to address these questions by looking at the experiences of the recent years as well as investigating:
- how resilience is conceptualised in other complex systems and how it should be defined in the qualification system;
- how other qualification systems around the world responded to the pandemic;
- the root causes of previous exam crises and failures;
- what publicly available information and data tell us about qualification system resilience;
- the views of qualification system insiders and commentators regarding system resilience.
In collaboration with Neil Stringer (Ofqual) and Thomas Godfrey-Faussett (Oxford).